Wednesday 12 September 2007

4 weeks

so nearly 4 weeks and she continues to hide around every single corner catching me out like little twigs catching loose threads in my jumper which starts the sorrowful process of inevitable unravelling, feels like it will just continue disintegrating unwinding off me till I stand naked in tears with goose bumps and anger.

She is too precious to lose and way too hard to let go. cant we bundle each other up for snuggles. hold your loved ones tight till you cannot last a moment without another breath.

I believe in poetry now my god. I share this thankyou justine

you have closed your eyes

A night is born
full of hidden wounds,

of dead sounds
as of corks
when the nets are let down to the water

Your hands become a breath
of inviolable distances,
slippery as thoughts,

And that equivocation of the moon
and that gentlest rocking,

if you would lay them on my eyes,
touch the soul.

You are the woman who passes by like a leaf

leaving an autumn fire in the trees.

(Stanley Kunitz's Meditations on Death)

No comments: