Monday 20 August 2007

Such a huge loss

Dear Sol, Theo, Tanja's friends and family,

My heart goes out to you at this enormous, shattering loss. The whole Australian dance world is in shock and everyone is sending love and hopes of strength and calm to you.

My personal memories of Tanja are as radiant as those which everyone seems to share. Such a beautiful, bright, inspiring person, who couldnt help but light up every room she stepped into.

I was lucky enough to witness Tanja's optimism and inspiration up close througout the process of her recruitment to Sydney Dance Company. From the first time she came over to talk about her thoughts of applying- sitting on my lounge room floor, with my wee boy pottering around her, making us both jumpy with excitement about her plans and ideas, to the graceful, calm, intelligent way she handled the media upon her first press outing and huge exposure. Tanja was always herself at every step along that difficult road and I was in awe of such composure and certainty of herself in one so young. An impressive person in every respect.

Sol, you were a rock throughout the process and your partnership was so true and clear and inspiring. I cannot imagine how you feel now and only hope you can be surrounded with the love you will be sure to receive from so many people.

I hope this blog can honour Tanja and that her light continues to shine on us all, as Theo said.

Sophie

No comments: