Tuesday 21 August 2007

this morning the last dream i had was of you
looking cheeky and georgeous
in jeans and a green top
eyeing me through a doorway

was a beautiful way to wake up

i thought it was only me who could see how pure and bold your spirit lived
i cherished that knowledge and kept it hidden like my favourite treasure
now i see everyone knew
everyone knew you
could see you
admired you
loved you
had secret crushes
was in awe of your brilliance
amazed by your ability and humility
your charm
your vision

late thus nite i rushed out of bed to my notebook with the answer
wrote furiously
made sense of everything
and slept

we are bound by your incredible life and presence
im trying not to get christ like
but you show the way
you live with constancy
ferocity
an open heart
you live in your work
you live

on friday every gesture made me think of you
everytime anyone did a movement with any lyracism
you were on the street
in the markets
in my wrist
in the light coming through an unwashed window

with love and constancy
always and for all
julian

No comments: