Thursday 23 August 2007

we dance for you

Dear Tanja,
This morning we dance for you. Here in Syd we dedicate this mornings AusdanceNSW class to you and in honour of your generosity, spirit and resonant inspiration that has influenced so many. I'll play the music I know you loved whilst working with DV8 together. The dance class community has been touched by your creativity many times and many have texted to say they'll be there. Of course! "Ah, der!". You my friend are so loved. Emotions rise in me with without warning with the sudden loss of you and your magic, and when they do, I close my eyes, slow down to a stop, breathe and picture you and your smile. That smile that was always lifted into a gleam of sincerity from those cheekily vibrant eyes...tears flow from mine now, they dry, and whilst I feel my heart hurting I also feel it lifted to do something human, humane and life-affirming. You affirmed my life, I hope you know how many affirm yours now. This morning that same smile I will always remember will radiate among us all as a force of love as we dance for you. Rockin' for you this morning. Sending you love too from all participants I know are sending you love individually in bucket loads. Feel the love beautiful Tanja, feel the love you've created! Yesterday I found out that Back From Front was successful in being funded for its production. Such mixed emotions at such a time but I find happiness in thoughts this morning that we will now dedicate this work to you as we move through to its completion. The enormous contributions, ceative voice and encouragement you and Sol have made to this work in its first 2 development stages remain in the piece still and will be heard through us. This fills me with clarity and a soft commitment to ensuring that hope is written more into the work. Hope beyond the superficial. Hope as a back bone strength as we survive you but embrace your immense beauty forever. You resonate with us. I love you, Dean

No comments: